Important Information/Reminders - UPDATED 9/23/20
Due to current safety and social distancing protocols, the following procedures are being implemented to process the necessary athletic packet paperwork. There are two options: 1) mail in a current and completed Physical Form, Athletic/Activity Emergency Card, MBUSD Athlete Participation Waiver and COVID test results in an envelope addressed to Cindy Gardner with the athlete's name and respective sport. Address: Mira Costa High School, 1401 Artesia Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, Attn: Cindy Gardner. 2) Second option would be to physically drop off the required items in a sealed envelope with the same information and place in a box located inside the main office M/Tu/Th/F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. E-mailed documents will not be accepted. Thank you in advance for your cooperation as we navigate through these uncharted times.
MCHS Instructions for Using 8to18 Online Registration Module
To register for Mira Costa High School Sports online, use the following instructions:
- If you have registered previously, enter your Email address and Password in the respective text boxes and select “Let’s Go!” Note: If you have registered previously, but have forgotten your password, select the “Did you forget your password?” link, enter your Email address on the next screen and select the “Send recovery link” box. An email with a recovery link will be sent accordingly.
- If you have not registered previously, select “Create an Account”, enter your Email address, enter Password, re-enter the password a second time, and select “Let’s Go!” Note: store this login information with your other logins and passwords as you will use this login (your email address) and password combination throughout your student(s) high school career(s).
After successfully logging on, click/select “Begin Registration”
- Step 1: Select Activity, click/select the bullet next to the sport your child will be trying out for/participating in, then select the Continue to Step 2
- Step 2: New Participant OR Select a Participant,
- If you have not previously registered any of your children, you will be brought to the New Participant screen
- For Your Relationship to the Participant, select your relationship (Father, Mother, Legal Guardian, ) from the drop-down box
- Complete all required Participant Information – Indicated by an asterisk (*).
- Note: participant information is for the student, not the parent.
- Complete all required Emergency Contact information - indicated by an asterisk (*)
- When finished entering Participant Information and Emergency Contact information, select the Continue to Step 3
- Step 3: Primary Parent/Guardian Information, complete all required Parent/Guardian Information – indicated by an asterisk (*). When finished entering Parent/Guardian Information, click/select Legal box and then select the Continue to Step 4
- Step 4: Physical Form, if you need a form to take to the doctor, you may print it here by clicking/selecting the Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation form (pdf). Note: your athlete must have a current physical on file in order to begin practice. Physical forms are due to the secretary in the Admin Office by Thursday, July 18th. When finished, select the Continue to Step 5
- Step 5: Legal Forms. Note: These documents must be reviewed and accepted, click to open in a new window. Do the following for each:
- Click/Select the form (it will open in a new window)
- Read document
- When you and your child have finished reading the document, click/select the Guardian and Participant check boxes at the bottom of the document indicating your agreement/acceptance of this policy and authorizing your child to participate in this activity; then select the green Accept button.
- Click/Select the next form (until all have been accepted)
- When finished, select the Continue to Step 6
- Step 6: Summary - you will see a confirmation of your Registration information including Participant
- Click/Select the Finish button to complete your registration OR click/select the Add Another Registration button to register another child and/or register for another activity (if your child will play multiple sports).
Your child is now registered on 8to18.
Remember to turn in current physical, athletic/activity emergency card, MBUSD Athlete Participation Waiver and COVID test results to complete the process.